“Forget the politicians. The politicians are put there to give you the idea you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land, they own and control the corporations that've long since bought and paid for, the senate, the congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pocket, and they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and the information you get to hear. They got you by the balls. They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else. But I'll tell you what they don't want. They don't want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They're not interested in that. That doesn't help them.”
― George Carlin
- It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. Aristotle
- "It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers." James Thurber
- "The world we have created is a product of our thinking; it cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” Albert Einstein
- "Begin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won’t come in.” Alan Alda
- “There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.” Sherlock Holmes: The Boscombe Valley Mystery
- "Few minds wear out; more rust out.” — Christian N. Bovee
- “The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” – Coco Chanel
- There’s no shortage of remarkable ideas, what’s missing is the will to execute them." Seth Godin
- "A mind is like a parachute—it only works when it is open." Frank Zappa
- "A man is but the product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes." Mahatma Gandhi
- “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems.” Brian Tracy
- “The essence of the independent mind lies not in what it thinks, but in how it thinks.” Christopher Hitchens
Exercise your thinking skills today: read this free download of “Critical Thinking: What It Is and Why It Counts” and follow our blog, Thinking INSIGHT .
Are you looking for a good self-test of your thinking skills? Download Critical Thinking Insight from your app store today.